Friday, October 21, 2011

Figuring things out...



A couple weeks back, I lost a dear friend of mine. She was only 29 years old. She left her husband, only 28, and a 3 year old son behind. I bring this up, not to focus on the sadness of it all, but to say that she and her husband had a wonderful love. They had what my husband and I have - intimacy. They'd been together for 11 years, almost 12. They got into a routine of daily life, like we have. It made me think a lot.

My husband and I have been together for 13 years. We have a lot together - we have a home, two beautiful children, and security. We get each other. But, there are things under the surface that we both know aren't 100%. We both want to have sex, but we never seem to. He doesn't read my mind, like I read his (or I like to think I do). We don't have date night anymore.

It got me wondering, there probably are a lot of people out there who might want to discuss their "stuff". So bring it on, people. Let's see if we can bitch and moan together and maybe figure some of this life stuff out.

No comments:

Post a Comment